You had better start thinking about Christmas now as it always arrives before you know it and you never get the chance to have everything just right. Start planning now! I can help you out with some ideas for decorating your dining room, complete with table setting. I just wrote an article called A Christmas Decorating Idea for Your Dining Room, this may get your creative juices flowing. If not, don’t worry, I have a few more articles in mind to help you out in this busy time of year, and if you have any ideas for things you would like me to write about in regards to Christmas, let me know in the comments box below and in the next few weeks I will add some more.
We also have a few Christmas videos for you to watch, How to make your own Christmas bows, how to make a Christmas wreath, and how to chose a Christmas Tree. Do you go out and choose a “green living” Christmas tree or just pull out the artificial tree from the box in the attic? I think I will make a poll on that. Look right and tell me what you do by answering the poll.
A few quick tips for decorating your dining room for Christmas
- decide if your center piece will stay on the table while you eat. This is important, as you may need the space to place the food if your guests will be self serving.
- dream up a color scheme and stick to it.
- try to find something unique and original as a focus and work around that as your theme, perhaps a hand made angel, a beaded star, Christmas shaped candle, an ivy candelabra, embroidered holly napkins for example.
- fairy lights can be effective, but don’t over do them……they can look cheap and nasty if they are used on their own without bringing them in wisely with your decoration. Use them as a backdrop behind a sheer curtain perhaps, wrap them around a wreath and place it on the door to the dining room, this can be a little dangerous with the power cord, so perhaps the wall may be a better idea!
- remember the little things, details make all the difference, don’t forget napkin rings, napkins, serving spoons, Christmas crackers (co-ordinated of course), name place tags can be effective if adorned in your Christmas theme, this works well if you want to keep certain family members from sitting together as happens in most families, I am sure!
- candles are great as they come in so many different shapes, sizes, colors and textures, as well as some having a gorgeous Christmas scent, just bear in mind people reaching over them to get their food, so place them strategically.
I hope this gets your creative juices flowing and reminds you to starting thinking in the back of your head what you will do for Christmas this year. Have fun.
1 thought on “Here Comes Christmas – Time To Decorate Your Dining Room for Christmas Dinner”
Practical ideas. I will share with my friends. Thanks Lee.
Comments are closed.