Choose Safe Neutrals Again or Take a Gamble with Color?
Don’t let fear stop you making great interior design choices.
Kill the Indecision – Become an Expert in Interior Design
Take the pain and fear away when choosing color, curtains, furniture placement and flooring – learn to make great choices in an instant.
Learn from the professional interior design experts Chris and Lee Brown with an Online Interior Design Course- It’s easy when you know how!
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR FUTURE – STEP OUTSIDE YOUR DESIGN COMFORT ZONE AND LEARN ONLINE WITH WILLOWCOLLEGE.COM
It doesn’t matter what your interior design skills are now, this online Interior Design course will teach you everything you need to know and more, you just have to take the first step to your new decisive future today. This is a comprehensive 12 Week (or less) Online Interior Design Course which can easily fit into your current lifestyle as the lessons are 3 minutes long and can be done on your smartphone, laptop, tablet or PC. You can comfortably complete a couple of lessons on a coffee break!
What Topics are Covered in the Interior Design Course?
- COLOR – Learn how to make color selections and color schemes like a professional. Get the insight into color and how it influences how we feel and the environment around us.
- STYLES AND PERIODS – Explore styles of the past and their influences on Interior Decorating.
- MATERIALS – The basics of materials and fabrics used and specified for interiors. Understand what products to use where.
- DECORATION – The art of furniture placement, placing artwork, rugs, cushions, placing special pieces.
- LIGHTING – How and why we see color, light and the influences it has on our mood. A good interior scheme needs lighting to make it a great interior scheme – the two go hand in hand.
- DESIGN TERMINOLOGY – Design has a language of its own, learn design terminology and upgrade you design language.
- HISTORY OF FURNITURE – Learn about the key features of period furniture to be able to recognize the period.
- 20TH CENTURY FURNITURE – Learn about contemporary furniture designers and the timeless modern furniture they created.
- DESIGN CONCEPTS – Learn how to concept an interior with professional flair to bring out the best of a clients ideas.
- PRESENTATION – Why you need a mood or concept board and how to create one. Presentation processes to explain your interior scheme.
- WORKING WITH CLIENTS – How to manage meetings and documentation to ensure you and your client are on the same page.
You Have to Start to Finish!
- DESIGN THEORY – The process behind understanding how great interior designers make an interior space design look balanced, harmonious with focal points and personality.
- CONSTRUCTION – Understanding how a building goes together is an important skill for Interior Designers.
- STAIRS – What is a stair, see examples and how it is constructed.
- DOCUMENTATION – How to document your design, basic drafting skills and process. Learn how to collate your concepts and deliver in a professional manner.
- DESIGN BUSINESS – Learn how to set up a business from scratch, a guide to getting clients and how to make it profitable as well as enjoyable.
- KITCHENS – Kitchen planning.
- BATHROOMS – Bathroom planning.
Discovering interior design is so easy with Chris and Lee Brown the interior design experts and Willow College.com
Chris and Lee have a global presence from their 19 years of teaching interior design online with interiordezine.com. They have changed the way hundreds of thousands of students now look at the world. Opening up their eyes to design, how it works and how they can personally find their design niche in the industry. WillowCollege is the next level of design education, allowing access to learn anywhere, anytime in a format that records their progress and allows them to learn at their own pace.
Chris has been in the design industry for 37 years, helped set up and is a Past President of the Designers Institute of New Zealand, has managed his own Architectural Company with 3 National branches, co-founded interiordezine.com with Lee Brown. In the last few years Chris has worked in Project Management after the Christchurch earthquakes, helping rebuild the City. Chris loves sharing his design knowledge and helping others gain the same passion he has for design.
Lee has been in the design industry for 29 years, she has worked as a Commercial Interior Designer, specializing in hospitality design. She has been a Project Manager for Residential rebuilds after the Christchurch earthquakes. She co-founded interiordezine.com with Chris Brown and loves writing the WillowCollege lessons, her blog and keeping everyone up to date with design via social media. She loves the interaction with students from all over the world, gets uplifted from their feedback feeding her passion to keep creating.
We’re Here for You – Your Success Is Our Success
Make Interior Design Work for You – We can help you make confident decisions guiding you step by step to reach your interior design potential
SKIP THE CLASSROOMS – Here’s how it works
Learn Anywhere, Anytime – The online courses are accessible on your smart phone, tablet and PC. You can live anywhere in the world, all you need is access to the internet.
Easy 3 Minute Bite Sized Lessons – 3 minute lessons fit easily into your daily routine, you will hardly notice any change to your lifestyle but you will notice the change in your knowledge, confidence and the way you see the world.
Test Yourself as you go – No Assignments – Finish a lesson, answer some questions in 3 minutes. It’s as simple as that. It’s interactive and easy – that’s how you fast track learning interior design and decorating.
Develop Essential Design Skills -Learn how to look at the world in a different way – start to see spaces like a designer. Learn processes to guide you through tasks. Understand why decisions get made.
What our Students Say
“My “Designer Glasses” have been activated with blinkers, bells and “aha”-bulb to start with.”Lianne Reyes Brennan – USA
“I am really impressed at the course you have provided and how you have managed to impart so much knowledge and wisdom from the experience you have gained over the years and yet you have also made the course so wonderfully personal and fun. I will admit that I am slowly starting to look at everyday objects, rooms, layouts etc through new eyes. I am trying to learn as you suggested by critiquing and I do find that I ask myself why a lot now.”Lisa – Australia
STUDENTS ARE GLAD THEY CHOSE TO LEARN WITH US
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR FUTURE – STEP OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE AND LEARN ONLINE – CREATE THE NEW YOU!